For International Students

Daito Bunka University is accepting international students from various countries. Daito International Exchange Centre (DIEC) is the facility to fully help and support DBU’s international students. DIEC offers various information relating to enrollment in DBU, visa, scholarship, language support, and life in Japan etc, and a counselling service for foreign students. DIEC also holds friendly parties for DBU’s international students to make friendship with Japanese students and events for international understanding. DBU always strives to provide the best learning environment to international students.

If you would like to know which course is the best for your study at DBU, DIEC’s staff answer your questions in English and Chinese.

Daito International Exchange Centre

Open: Mon. to Fri. 9:00a.m. ~ 17:00p.m. Sat. 9:00a.m. ~ 12:00p.m.

Phone: (Itabashi Campus) 81-(0)3-5399-7323  (Higashimatsuyama Campus) 81-(0)493-31-1536



How to Study in Japan

To study at Japanese universities and graduate schools, you are required to obtain a student visa at the embassy of Japan in your country. You need to submit neccesary items to the embassy for the student visa. The website introducing how to study in Japan, Study in Japan, is useful to learn what you need for the application for the student visa.

To receive a student visa, first of all, you have to find a school, which will accept you as a student in Japan.

If enrolling in Daito Bunka University or its graduate school, you need to confirm whether you have qualifications to take an entrance exam in Japan. To take exams for DBU’s undergraduate programmes, you need to be more than 18 years old and to complete 12-year education programmes in your country or in Japan.

In the postgraduate programmes, you have to submit a certificate of your bachelor with other neccesary forms to DBU. If it is impossible, you have to turn in other official certificates issued by government of your country.

The exam dates depend on each university. So, you should confirm it through a website or direct contact to the university before the exam. Roughly speaking, many private universities in Japan tend to implement entrance examinations in Febrary. Please note that an acedemic year in Japan starts from April unlike universities in US and UK.

One of the most serious problems to study in Japan is a high tuition fee. In addition, the cost for living in Japan is also expensive. Therefore, you will have to recieve any scholarship offered by universities, social foundations, or private companies. In DBU, the Daito International Exchange Centre gives you advices about scholarships.

As you may know, Japan is relatively safe and you can walk on a street alone even late at night. Japan is said to be a well-organised country in the world. Drinkable water, electricity, and town gas are stably supplied by monopolised corporations. In addition, you enjoy various Japanese cultural events in each season.

In Akihabara, for instance, you will be able to learn deep aspects of the ‘Otaku‘ culture. In Asakusa, the Sensoji Temple and the Tokyo Sky Tree show you the collaboration of the Japanese tradition and the high technology. In Osaka, you can experience the so-called ‘Konamon Bunka’ (flower culture) such as Takoyaki, Okonomiyaki, and Ikayaki. Furthermore, in Katano, you can enjoy many cultural spots and attractions (see